Glauben Sie nicht den Hype

No one will ever come out and say it but there something out there that is definitely ruining a lot of people's minds. In today's society where social media reigns supreme....attention has become the main goal for some.  Follower counts have become a deadly weapon. I'll admit it's cool when you get attention at times especially for the right reasons. 

In my case for those who follow me on social media you'll know that I mostly post my sneakers or sneaker related content. Do I get attention because of sneakers? Sure but I don't let that get to me because I am just regular old Jeff. The thing is with me no matter what i'm the same person. My friends will tell you.....I was buying sneakers before social media, rarely going to the club, usually in the crib, or just chilling with my homies doing my own thing sometimes. I can honestly say I know social media has caused certain "friendships" to go by the waste side maybe because some people are like "i'm tired of seeing sneakers all day." 

Don't ever let social media have an affect on your identity. I notice that as soon as the followers go up then so do the delusions of grandeur. Always look in the mirror and ask yourself "Who Am I." All the followers in the world don't mean shit if you're a fucked up person. A lot of us get so hyped up in this social media thing that we forget about what is important. 

You only need validation from yourself, the last people you need it from are strangers. I've come to the realization that some of you NEED the followers because it adds value to your life. You can say "it's only twitter/ig" all you want but we know for some you use social media to define your status. Always remember that there are people who know you outside of social media so stay true to yourself and don't believe the hype. Do I enjoy social media?? Of Course but I now understand that it is just that.....social media. 

Comments

Popular Posts