Outlet

This has been a very wild beginning to the year 2020; from losing beloved public figures, a global pandemic which is affecting our daily lives, to the most important issue: the continued fight against the unjust treatment of black people by law enforcement. Over the last 2 weeks, we have seen a lot of protesting, which would begin peacefully and then as law enforcement became aggressive things would escalate. We also saw looting that affected businesses in various cities across the United States. I think I became overwhelmed and just had to give social media a break. It was a struggle, of course, because social media has been a great source of coverage during all of this, to be honest, but at the same time seeing these things over and over can definitely be depressing.

One thing I’ve been trying to focus on to somewhat to stay distracted in the midst of all that is happening in our country at the moment is finding other outlets to put my energy towards. Writing was an outlet I forgot about, but as of late, I’ve gotten back to it. Also, learning to cook different things has been therapeutic for me. Experimenting more in the kitchen has also boosted my confidence because the food has been coming out pretty well (well, to me, lol). It is very important to find whatever it is that gives you some peace and puts you in a great space. You choose what your outlet can be, whether it’s reading, writing, watching your favorite movies, cooking, whatever that thing is: find it and do it!

With all that is happening now, protecting your peace is very important. If disconnecting from others is also a part of your outlet, then that is perfectly fine because, again, you control the energy you allow to have access to you.


What’s your outlet??

Comments

Popular Posts