Stand Tall


When your born, you're born alone (assuming your not a twin) yet for some reason people sometimes feel the need to always be around others. I'm not saying you should keep yourself in a bubble but there's nothing wrong with doing things by yourself. It's like there's an unwritten rule in which it states you can't go and do anything without a couple of people with you. You should never depend on the people around you to define you, even if it makes you the black sheep or the weird one you have to have your own lane. I recently attended a sports bar by myself and actually had one of the best times I've had in a long time. At the bar I met different people, talked about sports drank had fun, it was a great experience. It was after this experience I realize I don't really need people of course I have friends but I can be just as amazing by myself.

 The thing with me is at times in order to let my personality flourish I have to be in my own zone and stand on my own two feet. I plan on going to more places alone or just with a minimal amount of people. Sometimes you have to be selfish and shine on your own and there's nothing wrong with that. Until you're able to shine on your own and find your own identity then you're never going to feel comfortable being yourself. If the people around you truly love and support you then they would be happy that you have found yourself and don't mind standing tall alone. 

Comments

Popular Posts