My Favorite Teachers

The Great Ones

It's often believed at least via a Bronx Tale that "you're only allowed three great women in your lifetime." The thing I have always wondered though is what if you have already met and been with the 3 women. 

From schoolboy crushes to the girl you always wanted to holla at in college, we all have those 2 or 3 women that we would have loved to get a chance with. Some of us have been lucky while others haven't had such luck. 

1998

7th Grade in Shellbank Junior High i'll never forget when I was this cute short girl with some Air Max 95's on with chubby cheeks. Now of course I did what any 12 yr old boy does when he likes a girl.....ACT LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL. Not surprisingly she did not reciprocate my feelings for her up until about our junior year of high school. Unnnnnfortunately she was in a relationship therefore we never went past "liking each other." Fast forward about 9yrs later me and her always maintained contact through the years but things never came together. While grieving the loss of one of my closest friends she was there for me and that's when I just blurted out "I want us to be together" talk about the timing LoL. Our time "talking" or "together" definitely had its ups and downs and ultimately it just wasn't meant for us to be together. The lesson I learned from that is as bad as you may want something.....does not mean it is meant to be. 

20 Somethin Love

Picture this 9yrs ago when Facebook was at it's peak, scrolling you students who go to your school then BAM you find a girl that stands out. This is exactly what happened this time. First time I saw the pic I was like whoa! Anddd she went to my school so we're bound to cross paths. End of summer 2006 on the bursar line paying my tuition bill (straight cash homie "moss voice") I finally see her but she had the "I am over everything face." So I used my resources and glided right into her inbox with a brief "I think I saw you in school today" type message one of my most successful icebreakers with the girls I didn't know at my school on FB. Fast forward to the first day of history class.......I look up and bammmmm she walks in, I was giddy like a mofo. First few classes kept it cool then initiated convo with a simple "did you buy the book yet" and fortunately for me we both had long gaps from the end of our class to our next class. We basically started hanging out talkin which turned into exchanging aim screen names (sidekick days) then exchanging numbers.  Now she did mention having a boyfriend but it was almost as if I didn't hear that part. After a while we began speaking more and more conversations get deeper and sexting somewhat began. Somewhere down the line the sexting turned into fooling around. I'll never forget my homie told me "whatever you do never date a girl who leaves her man for you" his reasoning was that she will always bring that up during an argument. I was content with just fooling around. Eventually she told her bf about us and decided to try and work things out. I respected her decision and fell back. 

Months later on the 4th of July 2007 I get a text that reads "I broke up with him I couldn't do it anymore, i'm coming over tomorrow." So from that day until August 2008 we were together. The relationship was a typical 22yr old (me) 21 yr old (her) relationship: lots of sex, petty arguments, and even a pregnancy scare. This was a typical case of bad timing we both could've done things better. The lesson I learned from that is that if I put my mind to it.....no woman is unattainable. Always felt like if we happened to have gotten together a few yrs later things would have worked out butttt I am grateful for the experience. 

Now for the third one, my history with her is pretty long actually though we were never officially a couple. Met her in college (same school I met the previous person discussed) somehow I discovered we were actually friends on myspace (when it was still poppin). My first thought when I saw her was "I want that" so then I made it my mission to get closer. Initial conversations were short and she was a bit standoffish. She had just went through a breakup so she was hurting I remember she even discussed how she would try to win him back. 

After a while she became
more open and would drive down to my area to hang out nothing since she knew someone who lived close by. One of the times somehow we began making out and from there we began to have an intimate relationship. She would spend the night and everything.....challenged me mentally and sexual did anything I could ask for. To my surprise she actually went to the aforementioned ex they produced a child. From that point on I knew we probably would never be together but still our situationship continued. Of all the women I've been with she hands down cared about me the most and definitely showed it with her actions. I truly believe she is one of 3 women who may have truly been in love with me. 

Our situation lasted about 5-6 years and it wasn't exactly one of those "doing relationship things" situations. I know she cared for me deeply and showed it but I could never get past her spurning me then having a child. A part of me just wanted her to see what she could've had if she were with me. The lesson I got from her is how a man should be treated when a woman has feelings for him.

My point in writing this is there will always be great women in your life.....just make sure you learn from each of them. I learned a lot from these 3 women and def would not change a thing because things ended up how they were meant to be. 

Comments

Popular Posts