Why I Really Lost Weight

Why I decided to lose weight?

For those who know me they've always known me to be really really big in the literal sense. I've always had back and fourth battles with weight loss over the years but somehow I'd always end up giving up before getting to where I want to be. I'm motivated by different things and I knew there was only one way I could ever convince myself to actually stick to it and lose some weight. When a long time friend who approached me every year about committing to weight loss came to me again I finally gave in.

There are many reasons why people lose weight: heart failure, no endurance, high school pressure, and future knee problems despite all these possible complications neither was the reason for me deciding to lose weight. Even my mother being afraid for my health and constantly thinking I would suffer a heart attack wouldn't get me to lose weight. The real reason I finally got motivated was women!! Is it a foolish reason? Sure but hey it finally got me to the gym. After failed attempts at dating you have to look at yourself like "what am I doing wrong" and that's when I told myself it was probably because of the size. By no means am I embarrassed by admitting this because it led me to the point I'm at now which is lighter than I used to be. This being said they were some who gave me a shot despite the size however it just wasn't the same. When you hear "your cute for a big guy" or "I wish I could meet a guy like you" it gets to you after a while. I knew weight loss was the change I needed and the feeling of possibly being overlooked because of my size was the icing on the cake.

As my buddy from work Ben would say "let's be honest with ourselves here" no woman wants to appear shallow therefore they would never admit to not giving me a fair shot because of my weight. Now I've had success in the dating field but to be honest it was always someone who may not have been my first option. No disrespect to the women I was involved with because in their own way they were incredible however they were always option 1a or 2. As time went on I kept going to the gym for the right reasons which of course is trying to stay healthy and look healthy which I'm still in the process of doing. As for which women exactly got me to this point I'd never say even though I know I'll be asked but I thank them. They may not have looked passed me because of my size but I thought they did n it was a good enough reason to hit the gym and lose 80lbs. Although the weight loss is still in progress I definitely feel better and am happy I've stuck to it. I know some of you may read this and go you should never lose weight for anyone else except yourself but I feel I'm just admitting what others may not.





Comments

Dre said…
Take a real man to admit his true heart right or wrong. We all judge and I say that's a damn good reason to lose weight. We weren't put on this earth to be alone. Wanting a partner is natural and very human, not enough people will admit such. Good for you on the weight loss. Keep it up...Good read
Dre said…
Honesty is the best policy. I like this bro...you hit the nail on the he's with this one. #salute
Unknown said…
It really does take a real man to admit this i can tell u have a very big heart by the blogs u post and i wish u the best of luck and keep urself motivated for whatever reason if its working for u then who cares what others thinks u will be succesful in tge end i hope u find the right girl u really seem like a great guy...
Unknown said…
Yeaaa man, women are probably one of my top 3 reasons for hitting the gym. Its amazing the amount of attention you get once you start looking good physically. Its sad because you're still the same man either way. But looking good also gives you confidence, and confidence gives you more female attention. Anyways, you look great man. Keep up the work bro!
Anonymous said…
I think in away we all do this , face it when u first meet someone what do u see , I think as a whole we all drive ourselves crazy about weight , am I to fat or to this , I no for my self weight has always been an issue and will always be , I feel we have to learn to love ourselves inside and out before others will , but its what I think
Daniela T said…
I consign with the reader above. Once you get physically fit,that when you'll get the attention you thought you never can get. I think you have to be at a place with yourself, where you are making changes for you and no one else. Its makes you realize what you want for self and what you want in a woman when you meet her. By then you are able to weed out the ones that are interested in you and not just your physics.

Popular Posts