Dreams & Nightmares

Imagine lusting and craving something for so long and you FINALLY get it but then POOF is becomes a disaster. This theory could apply to anything the sneakers you've wanted, the dream job you were chasing, eating at a restaurant you've never had the chance to eat at. In this instance I am referring to getting the person of your "dreams." This really does not have to be exclusive to one person as some of us has experienced this feeling more than once. 

I'll say this getting the sneaker of your dreams may actually be a more pleasant experience than dating the woman of your dreams. The two times i've experienced this were 2 very interesting situations to say the least. The first situation occurred when I was in college. I did not expect to end up with particular woman because when we met she had a man (i'll save the situation for another post). Now of course there was plenty of good times and great sex but mannn was that relationship draining at times. While we were very young at the time with me being 22 and her being 21 this was a typical "be careful what you wish for situation." I felt like a babysitter instead of a bf at times and the situation became draining. I always felt like our issue may have been our age I mean being serious at our age isn't easy especially when both parties are not quite mature mentally. We had our good times of course but that was the first time I realized you should be careful what you wish for. 

The second situation was bittersweet in a sense. It was a girl I had a crush on since junior high school, still remember the first time I saw her it was like she had this glow about her. She really didn't notice me until about junior yr of high school but by that time not much happened. Now fast forward 9yrs later somehow we finally got together and I promise you at first I was amazed. At the time I probably had stronger feelings for her than anyone think about it crushing on someone since the age of 12 then finally getting with her at age 26.

Now at first things were cool we'd see each other most night as I would walk her home when she got off of work since we lived near each other. During this time I also was in the middle of losing 100lbs so the attention I got on social media was def a bit different. Several times i'd get confronted about people I legit did not know in real life which was crazy. I think the nail in the coffin for us when her going 21 consecutive days without seeing me. Things were never the same after that although we tried to rekindle things. I'm def grateful for my experience with both women but it also showed me that sometimes it's ok to desire something from afar because once you get it you may be in over your head. 

I'll always love both women honestly but it just wasn't our time. 

Comments

Popular Posts