Entitled Nice Guy


One of the more popular sayings out there is that “nice guys finish last” while this may be true this has also led to these type of guys having some sense of entitlement in regards to dating. Before this gets misconstrued and turned into something else I mean entitlement in the sense of what they feel they deserve. The reason I am speaking on this is well I once felt this way at a time despite not 100% being a nice guy. 
Sometimes we feel because we are doing the right thing (things that are usually normal anyway) we feel there is some type of special treatment that we deserve. The nice guy mentality for some truly means that because they are nice, these men deserve to have any woman they can talk to. Unfortunately this way of thinking is terrible and it just helps you build resentment. A lot of times we fault the women for passing up on nice guys but it is their CHOICE and that should never really bother you. 
Being a nice guy should mean just that, it doesn’t mean you get to have the best girl and it doesn’t mean every girl should be lined up at your door because of this. I used to get upset like “look at her she chose this bum ass dude who ain’t shit and complains all day about nice guys but when I came at her correct she herbed me” this was a terrible and extremely corny way of thinking which I thankfully left behind years ago. 
One thing that helped me was realizing that I really was not the “nice guy” that I thought I was. While I can be nice and am always respectful for the most part, I am aware that I can be an asshole. I probably was forcing being a 100% nice guy because I felt that is what people wanted but then you realize sometimes people really just want you to be yourself. 


Always remember that NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!! So if you’re nice and still don’t get chose, you have to keep on trucking. It’s really difficult you say you are entitled to anything that requires someone having to make a choice. In life you won’t always get chosen and sometimes you will not get what you think you “deserve” the best way to move on from this entitlement mentality is to realize that no matter how good or nice you may be, if a person doesn’t want you then they don’t want you.

Comments

Popular Posts