My Ideal Family

One thing I never sat and thought about really until I got older was what type of family did I want, from the type of woman I would like to marry to the amount of children I want vs how I would like the household to run. Truthfully speaking I am now getting comfortable with the idea of having a wife and kids someday as this was never something I really took seriously.

In terms of a wife I would all the basic things that most people want in a partner but there are somethings that definitely stand out. I know i'll need someone who can play the bad cop to my good cop because look if my niece is a preview, my kids might mess around and have me wrapped around their finger. I definitely can see myself pulling the "only if your mother says it's ok" card, now of course I play the bad cop role at times because obviously she'll need to relax. Now i'm hoping to end up with somewhat the opposite of my laid back self therefore this person would probably be very feisty and have some sort of spunk to her. She would be the type of person to be in the stands yelling in the stands while our children are engaging in some type of sport.

Now children wise I do not want more than 3 children and of course my main thing would be for them to be healthy. I would raise them a bit differently than I was raised meaning that they would be aware of social issues and possible things they may face due to their skin color. Of course this would be something that their mother and I would discuss with them at whatever age we deem appropriate. As much as I want to shield my future children from these things I think it is very important that they are aware. I would hope to run the type of household that of course put education and learning first before anything and to push my children to think but never to the point where I would take away their childhood.

Ideally I would want an honesty first policy somewhat which means that you can be honest about whatever you did and that the punishment would only come once you get caught in a lie. Now of course this is all how EYE WOULD WANT MY FAMILY TO BE IN AN IDEAL SITUATION, I UNDERSTAND THINGS MAY NOT END UP THIS WAY LOL. I also want to raise my children to stick up for each other and understand that you must always protect and be there for your sibling.

I'd hope to have one of those marriages where of course the sizzle never quit goes away and every know and then we'd sneak off to have a quickie while the kids are watching a movie or something. I will definitely be more expressive with my future children and will try my best to make sure that they understand how much their mother and I love them and also that they were made and came from love. I was never the big ass house and white fence type of guy so I would be cool with a nice condo or a nice sized house that has a hard because of course my future children will need some space to run around.

Now i'm not saying all of this is going to actually happen but this is exactly what I would be striving for, please understand that even if I don't get this exact thing I will remain grateful, just thought this would be something interesting to share with you folks.


Over and Out,

S. Rodgers

Comments

Popular Posts