Over it yet??

One of the toughest things for people to do sometimes is to truly get over something bad that has happened to them or someone who has wronged them. Since a very young age we are usually taught to forgive a person if they have hurt you but we never really know how to cover the forgetting part. It is tough to forgive someone depending on the severity of the issue so it can be even tougher to forget the situation. 

Where I struggle in regards to this matter is truly forgetting about the situation because well, it can be very difficult. Trust me not many of us actually want to have any ill will towards a person or a certain situation from our past but it simply isn’t that easy. For me the difficult part is forgetting, it’s kind of like self-torture dwelling on a past situation only to become upset about it again. 
I learned that forgetting kind of has to go hand in hand with forgiving, you can’t have one without the other. I feel if an issue with someone who has wronged you is still bothering you than you truly have not forgiven the person. I feel forgiving the person means putting that happen in whatever the situation was on the back-burner. It took me a longggg time to realize I haven’t forgiven others or even myself for things that have happened in the past since I would keep dwelling on it. In this case I feel forgetting about the situation more so means deciding not to let it affect you anymore and to remove your emotions from the situation.

Comments

Popular Posts