Wasted Time

If you remember, earlier this year there was a popular hashtag on social media titled #wastehertime2016 which then got flipped into #wastehistime2016. While we did get some hilarious memes out of this, it also showed the mentality that some folks have in regards to this matter.

The thing is time is one of the most valuable things a person has because it is the one thing that you cannot get back. To me wasting someone’s time may be the biggest form of disrespect to me. The thing that people forget is that not only are you wasting the other person’s time but…shhh come closer: whispers: YOU ARE ALSO WASTING YOUR OWN TIME! 

As I always do I’m never going to remove myself from the dumb shit because well I have participated in this as well. It’s sad because instead of leading someone on and not making your intentions clear no matter what they are, you could have been working towards something else or someone else that you actually wanted to pursue. I do feel we (the men) have to be more upfront and clear about what our intentions are so that there are no misunderstandings. This being said though, women also can try to respect the man’s honesty instead of throwing it in his face. 

Women also waste time as well but I just feel maybe we do it more. At the end of the day more value and respect needs to be put on time especially when it comes to other people’s time. Making intentions clear from the beginning would definitely be a step in the right direction.

In closing, to me wasting someone’s time is dumb and immature as hell so maybe it’s time we actually leave that in the past. You don’t want to be a sucker bigging up yourself like “damn, I wasted about 6 months but at least I got the box” meanwhile you could have been doing something else the whole time. At times we forget another key factor, with time being wasted sometimes so is money which is just as bad as wasted time. I just urge you to make your intentions clear and who knows the person may just want the exact things you  want or don’t want. 

Comments

Popular Posts