The Downfall & Getback

Weight Loss Chronicles

Let's rewind for those of you who could remember to about yrs ago. I weighed in at a cool 316lbs in Jan 2012 and decided I wanted to lose weight. With the guidance and help of my longtime friend/trainer Rich "Lites" Joseph and also his older brother Nick "Black" Joseph who started me off by motivating me via conversation and tips I was able to drop to 212lbs by August 2012. So there it was somehow in 7 months I lost 104lbs. Now you may have read my previous blog about why I lost weight so you knew my motive. If you didn't basically I did it for all the wrong reasons. 

A big reason was because somehow despite having success in the dating field I told myself I missed out on certain women due to my weight. Now eventually I'd get over that and workout for the right reasons but then I fell off the wagon. Losing weight was the gift and the curse. It's weird because some people do treat you different whether it's the girl you've dreamed about finally coming along or an ex who's throwing hints that she may want to get back with you, shit just got to my head. 
I'm usually the resident big guy or fatboy whichever you prefer, in the crew. Getting attention via social media and in person was something I definitely was not used to. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling myself a bit because of the new attention. The moment I was able to become involved with 2 women I wanted so baddd was when I felt like I reached the mountain top and checked out on the healthy life mentally. 

I switched jobs and began working a 9-5 well 4:30 but it was a lifestyle change since I usually worked afternoon into night. I became lazy and procrastinated and over the past few yrs weight came back on. I'd always tell myself i'm going back to the gym but never would. A part of me was embarrassed like "how did you let this happen." I felt like I let down those who believed in me especially my mom and my friend/trainer Rich. The thought of that made me feel sadness instead of motivating me. 

Slowly i'm getting back into the state of mind I was in when I was living healthy and working out more. It's going to be an uphill battle to again lose weight but I have done this before and WILL do it again. This time WILL be different because I am only doing this for me. My main goal is to live and feel healthy while also looking good. I want to change my body therefore I will put in the necessary work. Starting this Journey for myself instead of to appeal more to others is what will be the difference. I owe this to myself more than anything. Just remember it's always about how you get up after a hard fall. 

Comments

Popular Posts