Fear of Rejection


When it comes to the dating scene one of the biggest setbacks can be the fear of getting rejected. In a world where self-consciousness is at an all-time high too many people (myself included) are holding themselves back because they're too afraid that others may reject them. I know exactly how it feels to be deathly afraid of rejection at one time I feared that much more than death. At some point you will get tired of watching the game from the sidelines. Too many of us out there are like the 12th man on the bench, yes you made the team but the only time you check into a game is during "garbage time". My friends would always tell me what's the worse that could happen and I'd always literally think of the weirdest scenarios and come to the conclusion that this is exactly what would occur if I put myself out there. 

I'm writing this because I know there are plenty of people out there who hold themselves back, I'm slowly working my way out of it and I encourage you to join me. I'll be honest to become the person I feel I should be I have to be somewhat intoxicated. Up until now honestly I'd never believe people when they'd tell me how much of a great guy I am because I felt they were saying it to be nice.  A lot of times the fear of being rejected is a battle between you and yourself. What happens is you start believing you don't deserve the same chance as the next person but ask yourself why not?? Why not you?

You have to look at yourself and know that your good enough and belong. Create your own comfort zone so that no one else can dictate whether or not your comfortable in a certain setting or situation. My friends can tell you whenever we'd go out I'd just be in my area which I'm fine with. The last thing I will say is never ever everrrrrr be afraid to show the world the great person that lies within us all , you deserve to show them and they definitely should know. I hid myself n still do at times but I'm slowly getting out of this habit. Someone will probably read this and say "who does this guy think he is, a therapist" that I am not but I was/still am everything I described here. I'm working on changing my ways n slowly getting over the fear of rejection, it will be a long journey but I'll get there. I have no problem admitting what others won't. 

Comments

Unknown said…
I feel the same about showing my true self, we need change that. Got to "SHOCK THE WORLD" Fab 5 Voice

Popular Posts